Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Southern Star Brewery - Pine Belt Pale Ale

Let me start by saying this - I am not a fan of pale ales. There are
only a few I've tried that I had anything good to say after drinking
them... And this is not one of them. Please don't let this steer you
away from all Southern Star beers. It is a new brewery in the Houston,
TX area, and this was their first beer... Fortunately they made
others. (The Blonde Bombshell and Buried Hatchet are both good.) The
only credit I can give this beer is the oddly appropriate name,
because it really tastes like sucking the sap from a pine tree. This
is one of a select group of beers that I absolutely could not finish -
even ice cold, it was like being punched in the esophagus by Mike
Tyson. Not good.
My recommendation: Don't make eye contact with it... Pick up another
Southern Star brew, but not this one.
Category: Punch-out Pale Ale

1 comment: