Thursday, September 8, 2011

Coors Brewing Co. - Blue Moon Grand Cru


This 8.2% Belgian-style wheat ale... Wait, did I just start with the percentage of alcohol? That can't be good, right? Well... Let's put it this way - The "regular" Blue Moon is ok at best. The Blue Moon Grand Cru is the best of their "ok" beers. Ok? Ok. Let's face it, Coors wants into the craft brewery market, and by hiding behind the "Blue Moon Brewery" label, they think they can fool us. Hey Coors, the market you are going after with this beer isn't stupid. We know you make Blue Moon. Just be proud you made a decent beer and put your name on it instead of trying to be sneaky and introduce a "new brewery."
Back to the beer... This really is a pretty tasty beer. If you've had Blue moon, this one is just slightly sweeter with more alcohol - but at $11/bottle, is it worth it? Meh. There are plenty of beers I think I'd rather spend $10+ on, but I wasn't disappointed that I purchased it. I'd say give it a try, especially if you like wheat/whit beers. And while we are on the topic of wheat/whit beers... Am I the only one that hates orange slices in my beer? All it really takes is one swig of a bottle of orange juice that's been sitting in your fridge too long, and I think you'll agree that an orange slice in beer tastes like fermented orange juice. Nasty.
My recommendation: Give it a spin, but probably won't be one you'll buy again.
Category: Pretend Belgian wheat ale

No comments:

Post a Comment