Thursday, September 8, 2011

Boulevard Brewing Co. - Chocolate Ale


Fantastic. Yeah, I know - Chocolate beer, but trust me, this is a great beer. As part of Boulevard's Smokestack Series, this Chocolate Ale was a seasonal collaboration with chocolatier, Christopher Elbow. There is a fine line with candy/fruit beers, am I right? They are easy to make way too sweet, and they end up tasting like a candy soda instead of a beer. Not the case with this one. I haven't tasted a chocolate beer this great since having the Belgian Fruli Chocolate beer... Which is impossible to find in the US of A. Chocolate Ale is a little hard to get your hands on, but not impossible. It is still in season, so I recommend trying to get your hands on this 9.1% alcohol chocolatey delight.
My recommendation: Find it! Drink it! Love it!
Category: Drinks to impress your lady-friend, but still manly enough for the dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment